||Bruce Roberts Mauritius
Meniscus of Gweek, a Bruce Roberts 45, will be your home on your crewed yacht sailing holiday. She is a very comfortable vessel ocean going vessel for sailing vacations and yacht charter. Many clients ask where her name came from. Meniscus means the smallest crescent of the new moon and Gweek is a village at the top of the beautiful Helford River in Cornwall, England, where she was fitted out.
Meniscus of Gweek is a classic cruising yacht. She offers the chance of a lifetime to experience the unspolit cruising ground in this part of the world. Come and join Mark, a qualified Captain to RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Examiner. as he shows you the hidden delights which the region has to offer. Many of islands and beaches and islands remain extremely secluded and can only be reached by sea.
Cruising in Asia including Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Palawan, Minordo, Boracay, Cebu
Accommodation: 8 berths in 4 cabins outside the saloon, 2 heads, one fitted with a shower. (In general, except for when we are participating in race weeks, four or possibly six guest berths will be filled, allowing plenty of space and stowage for each person on board)
Bruce Roberts yachts are designed and proven to be robust blue water cruisers able to provide a good general level of performance as well as being capable of withstanding heavy conditions should the need arise. She has proved herself to be a good all round boat capable of making good passage times and sailing through several storms.
We pride ourselves on our excellent fresh food onboard. A mix of international and local cuisine is prepared for you and you can specify your requirements beforehand. Good quality linen is supplied for your cabins.
- Fully provisioned for you and included in the price
- No extra charges for fuel and other running costs
- Freshest possible food provided and cooked for you
- Guided to all the best spots
- Relax or sail as you want
- RYA Recognised - Tuition available if required
- Comfortable Boat Ocean going vessel
- Plenty of room on deck and below
- Well maintained
- Up to date equipment
- Groups of 2 to 6 - Enquire for larger groups
With the exception of alchololic beverages and special local charges, our charters are fully inclusive.
Meniscus carries all the safety equipment required by the Royal Yachting Association and the Department of Transport for a vessel of her size engaged in sail training, chartering and sailing unlimited distances from land. In addition to this she is fitted with phased array, forward looking sonar, which gives the ability to sail amongst reefs in poor light conditions. She is also fitted with an integratred GPS, auto pilot and radar system, which means that she can be navigated automatically.
- 2 x 8 person approved life rafts (we have liferafts to carry 16 people!)
- 406MHz EPIRB
- Approved lifejackets and safety harnesses
- VHF radio with an additional portable VHF set
- SSB radio - for long range communications
- 2 Garmin GPS'
- Interphase Probe - phased array, forward looking sonar
- Furuno Radar linked to GPS
- Aeries wind vane
- Hydraulic auto pilot linked to the GPS